Diabetes is a condition where the body cannot produce or process insulin properly, causing high blood sugar. The disease impacts both men and women of all age groups in different ways. If you think you have diabetes, you should make an appointment with Best Doctors for Diabetes Care to get the best possible treatment plan. With timely treatment, you can manage the disease properly and prevent the possibility of diabetes-related complications. Let us study in detail about how diabetes impacts women and what are the treatment options.
Symptoms of Diabetes in Women
Women with diabetes usually experience the following symptoms:
- Infections in the vaginal area
- Excessive thirst and hunger
- Frequent urge to urinate
- Weight gain or loss
- Urinary infections
- Polycystic ovary syndrome
- Low sex drive
If you have any of these symptoms, you should visit the best hospital in Ghaziabad
to get a proper diagnosis and treatment.
Risks Factors for Women
You may be at risk for diabetes under these conditions:
- If your family has a history of diabetes
- You have excess weight
- Your age is more than 45
- If you have any health condition related to insulin usage like PCOS
- If you were diagnosed with gestational diabetes earlier
- Your cholesterol level is high
- You have a sedentary lifestyle with only little exercise
Diabetes can cause various complications in women, such as nerve damage, eye problems that may sometimes lead to blindness, and skin conditions like bacterial or fungal infections. There are many ways in which women can prevent the incidence of diabetes.
Here are some suggested ways to avoid getting diabetes.
Some ways in which women can Prevent Diabetes
- Exercise regularly
- If you are overweight, lose your excess weight
- Reduce refined carbs and sugar in your diet
- Eat meals in small portions
- Have a low-carb diet
- Stop smoking
- Change your sedentary lifestyle
- Drink lots of water
- Consume a high-fibre diet
- Decrease the intake of processed and junk food
If you have prediabetes symptoms, you can reduce your risk significantly for diabetes by incorporating these changes into your lifestyle.
Treatment for Women with Diabetes
If you cannot control your sugar levels with proper diet and exercise, your doctor will prescribe medications to manage the symptoms and prevent complications.
For Type 1 Diabetes:
- Insulin therapy
For Type 2 Diabetes:
- Your doctor will prescribe a medication (usually Metformin) that lowers the formation of glucose in the liver. It also helps your body use insulin more efficiently by enhancing the body’s sensitivity to insulin
Along with medication, you also should eat healthily, lose your excess weight, monitor your sugar regularly, and exercise regularly.
By taking medicines regularly and following a healthy lifestyle, you can avoid many complications that diabetes creates and live a healthy, active life. You should seek an appointment at Santosh Hospitals, the best General Medicine hospital in Ghaziabad if you have symptoms of diabetes. The hospital’s highly-qualified specialists provide world-class healthcare services at affordable rates. Patients can expect to receive the most accurate diagnosis and the best treatment methods. It will enable them to manage diabetes symptoms well and recover speedily to live an active, productive life.